Now that six years have passed since we last watched Mars solving mysteries ranging from who killed her best friend to who took her virginity after she was raped at a house party -- all the while balancing her detective escapades with life as a high school and college student -- my head is spinning with all of the future storyline possibilities. The show's final season left off with Mars landing the chance to become a part of an exclusive FBI summer program and we're wondering if the movie will pick up with Mars going back to college after her summer stint or instead becoming a full-fledged FBI agent. For that matter, is Kristen Bell too old to play a college sophomore? And what will happen to Veronica and Piz's relationship? Though I don't know the answers to any of these questions yet, here are the Top 10 things I most hope will make it into the movie.
1. More of those touching high school flashbacks. I love how they add layers to the storyline and further explain Veronica's complex personality.
2. More of Veronica's snarky sarcasm.
3. Keith Mars as a free man. I really hope they don't put Veronica's dad in jail after he tampered with evidence in season three to save his daughter from getting arrested. That poor decision already cost him the chance to be reinstated as sheriff of Neptune and it'd be a real drag for him to spend the whole movie behind bars.
4. More Duncan. Having Duncan -- Mars' high school sweetheart and ex -- make another entrance into Veronica's life would be so juicy! I mean, he has a child and is completely screwed up but considering that he left her a fortune cookie inscribed with the words, "True love stories never have endings" proves there is some unfinished business there. I want answers.
5. More plot twists! During the series, we learned that Beaver, Neptune High's pyrotechnic nerd, was the one who blew up the school bus in season two and took Veronica's virginity. And infected her with syphilis. If that's not high drama, I don't know what is.
6. More adventures shared between my favorite duo, Veronica and Wallace.
7. A high school reunion. Creator Rob Thomas alluded on the Kickstarter page that the movie could pick up around the time of Veronica's 10-year high school reunion, which could be pretty amazing if it's anything like the GIF above.
8. The re-kindling of Logan and Veronica's love affair. I mean, who doesn't like a bad guy and Piz wasn't really doing it for me. How cute is this GIF?
9. A rival. I want to see Veronica meet her match in the form of a sassy, female counterpart. Catfight!
10. Plot points incorporated from this unaired season four trailer. If Veronica does, in fact, end up as a full-time FBI agent, I only want to see thrilling chase scenes and raunchy undercover sting operations like what was shown in this clip from the fourth season that never was.
Check out the video for the kickstarter below and donate, donate, donate!