1. Banksy made a sculpture called "Cardinal Sin" of a priest with his face lopped-off and replaced with a pixel mosaic. [Independent]
2. American Apparel's holiday warehouse sale starts today and runs until December 27th at 766 Sixth Avenue between 25th and 26th Street.
3. There's a book-launch and party for Tim Barber's "Untitled Photographs" tonight, December 16, 6 to 8 p.m. at OHWOW Book Club [227 Waverly Place].
4. The Beach Boys are re-uniting for their 50th anniversary and plan a new studio album and world tour in 2012. [Billboard]
5. The pop-up sign painting studio, Icy Signs (200 Livingston Street, Brooklyn) is closing tomorrow, December 17th. The cool space in downtown Brooklyn was created by Dan Murphy, Mike Langley, Josh Smith, Pat Griffin and Sam Meyerson and was recently the site of the Stephen Powers and Todd James "Street Market" show. It's your last chance to check it out. (Arrestedmotion has a bunch of pics of the studio)
6. Weirdest "Best Of 2011" list (so far): Goldman Sachs' Top 100 Charts.We dare you to look at all of them. [Zero Hedge]
7. L.A.'s Natural History Museum made a dinosaur float for this year's Rose Parade in Pasadena. [Art Daily]
8. Black squirrel eats a taco shell" is cute and all, but it's no "squirrel eating a Ritz Cracker to Huey Lewis' 'If This Is It.'" [Buzzfeed]