1. Here's a list of all the bands set to play MulchFest 2013. Just kidding. This weekend's MulchFest, January 12 & 13, is actually the time to bring your holiday tree to a designated spot in NYC so it can be recycled into mulch. HERE's all the locations and, sorry, no music.
2. Hotelier Ian Schrager is being sued by NYC art gallery Sperone Westwater (257 Bowery). Apparently his planned 25-story Public Hotel on Chrystie Street "will block light and air" in the gallery's space. (WSJ; photo © Patrick McMullan)
3. Peter Makebish opens a show of new paintings by RAMBO (Lance De Los Reyes) in the The Bowery Hotel Basement Annex tomorrow, January 12, 6 to 9 p.m.. Also that night, 6 to 8 p.m., Gavin Brown's Enterprise (620 Greenwich Street) opens a show of works by Nick Relph and Christopher Knowles.
4. This is what the Limelight (Sixth Avenue at 20th Street) shopping mall (and former nightclub) looked like in 1946. (Flaming Pablum)
5. One of the bands that we think should become really, really big in 2013, HAIM, is opening for Mumford & Sons at Barclays Center on February 12. If they don't get big, we will eat our shoes.
6. A 2011 Miami mayoral candidate released this parody of "Thrift Shop" called "Pot Shop."
7. The Generation Wild tour with Deniz Koyu, Danny Avila, dBerrie and Mikael Weermets is coming to NYC's Webster Hall on February 16.