1. Volkswagen's SuperBowl ad featuring a boy dressed like Darth Vader topped the Nielsen Media Research list of the year's "most-liked" ads. One of our faves was the Hyundai Elantra ad with a white dude rapping: "What you know about dual-heated, power outside mirrors?"
2. A British man was charged with stealing a Banksy artwork called "Sperm Alarm" and offering it for sale on eBay for $26,000. Maybe he got confused and thought he was at one of the Art Series Group Hotels in Melbourne, Australia. (The Sun)
3. L.A.'s "Midtown Lunch" blogger Zach Brooks posted a photo of every lunch he ate in 2011.
4. Ben Pundole's King & Grove Hotels group is expanding like mad. Besides the rumored takeover of a Brooklyn hotel and the acquisition of Miami's Tides, L.A. blog Brigham Yen reports that K&G are now after downtown L.A.'s Hotel Clark and Trinity Auditorium.
5. In case you hadn't noticed, USA Today observes that ear buds are out and headphones are in.
6. Watch this mega-edit of the year's best skateboarding videos.