1) Donkey cheese is apparently the world's most expensive cheese at $600 a pound and has a "musty-fusty" flavor. (NYT, photo by Moose G. on Flickr)
2) Last week, Scion opened a group exhibition and charity sale out in LA called "The Gift Show." Tons of people contributed -- including Mark Mothersbaugh, Mishka, Blek Le Rat, SSUR, David Choe, RZA and Steve Aoki -- and all proceeds go to Sandy relief efforts. Stop by and pick up a last minute gift at SCION AV Installation (7667 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles). It's open until January 5.
3) A Chicago jailbird used his "aspirations to be a clothing designer and ability to sew anything" to "fashion a lengthy rope, made from bedsheets" and escaped from the Metropolitan Correction Center on Tuesday. (Chicago Sun-Times, via The World's Best Ever)
4) Madeon and The Knocks (DJ set) with Alex English and rekLES at Webster Hall (125 East 11th Street) next Friday. December 28. Advance tickets are here.
5) On January 8th, The New Museum (235 Bowery) opens a new exhibition by four emerging artists called "Walking Drifting Dragging." All the works "document their travels within highly personal terms that blend cartography with memory." The artists are Eunji Cho (Seoul), Ellie Ga (New York), Paulo Nazareth (Belo Horizonte, Brazil), and Mriganka Madhukaillya and Sonal Jain of Desire Machine Collective (Guwahati, India). It's up until February 3. [Pictured: Ellie Ga, Fissure 5: 83N, 2E, 2008-11. Digital C-print. Courtesy the artist and Bureau NY]
6) Cool new taco joint from the folks behind the Breslin (Ken Friedman and April Bloomfield) just opened in our hood: Salvation Taco (145 East 39th Street). Heading there now!